Rob Christian is one of our GMs. Here he shares his 12 tips for an epic snow holiday.
Carving, shredding, and off-piste are all the cool words that come to mind when looking at the picture above and suddenly you want to be at the top of a mountain looking down at everything below you. While the person in the picture is highly skilled at skiing, you can get to that level pretty easily if you follow the steps below.
- Get a rad bunch of people together; I went with some good mates and a 5FM DJ
- Commit to going on a ski experience, probably in Europe (France, in particular)
- Look at the costs; the Rand might be stronger these days but not as strong as you need it to be once you start converting to Euros
- Look at the costs again and reassess – you’ll find that you actually can afford it if you go to the right place
- Consider booking at an all-inclusive ski resort
- You start to wonder if it the resort really is all-inclusive. I’ll tell you that if you stay with Club Med, it is! Food, drinks, accommodation, and everything related to skiing is all wrapped up nicely into one affordable price and there are a number of Club Med resorts in the French Alps and France.
- You wonder whether all-inclusive means that the ski expenses are covered. Again, I tell you, it is! The Club Med price includes equipment, ski pass, and locker storage. All you need to do is bring some clothes. Easy game
- Choose an all-inclusive resort like Club Med; I’d recommend Valmorel.
- Fly to Europe – the Agency by Club Med, situated in Design Quarter, can help with booking your flights
- Catch your transfer and arrive at the Club Med village to be welcomed by awesome GOs (Gentils Organisateurs or Gracious Organisers) who look after your every need
- Then ski all week long with the best instructors Europe has to offer
- Repeat the following year
These 12 steps are all you need to ensure you have the best ski holiday you can imagine.
For South Africans, never having to take out your wallet while on holiday overseas is a blessing and makes the entire experience hassle-free. All you can eat restaurants and all you can drink bars all with your mates is a combination that is hard to beat. Now throw in a resort that truly wants you to have the best time with no hassle and you have a recipe for success for the best skiing holiday you could ever wish for.
Get in touch a Club Med leading ski specialist in South Africa and book your next ski holiday today.