Christmas is a time when many South Africans are lucky enough to have time off. To maximise your holiday time and to ensure you get the best deal possible, Club Med December holidays are 15% off if booked by 30 June. If you want to go a bit earlier, in November, book by the end of May and you also qualify for 15% off.
Choosing to take advantage of this delicious saving is obviously the easy decision. Deciding which of the over 60 Club Med resorts that qualify for the 15% saving to go to, is the hard part!
Sun or snow?
To make your decision easier, we suggest you decide between a sun or a snow holiday. To help you choose, follow this link and simply add your desired travel time and region.
Of course, since Christmas time is often family time, our website allows you to easily customise your search based on the ages of your kids.
And while there is no right answer between what kind of holiday is better – snow or sun – there are pros and cons to both. Our team seems to be split down the middle when it comes to choosing, and we thought we’d share a few of their tips. We’d love to hear yours, so let us know on Facebook or Twitter.
Team sun holiday
Coming in strong for the sun holiday team, top reasons given are:
- Everyone knows how to lie in the sun and chill – no lessons required and no skill levels requiring instructors;
- South Africans know how to “do” sun – we live in a beautiful sunny country. So no weird sun burn stories for us;
- Sunshine boosts our vitamin D and improves our mood;
- Less clothes packing is required for a sun holiday – well, for most of us anyway!;
- A beach is a beach is so not a beach! In other words, Club Med resorts in Da Balaia offer a different beach experience to Mauritius. And to Greece. And to the dozens of others on offer. In other words, there are many different types of sun holidays to enjoy;
- Club Med sun resorts offer a multitude of sport activities – so you come away with new skills like being a trapeze artist or having improved your golf game on some of the most magnificent courses in the world.
Team snow holiday
However, the snow team have a few ace reasons up their sleeves on why fun in the sun is not nearly as attractive as a snow holiday:
- South Africans are a competitive, sport-loving nation and we love to show how good we are on the slopes – even though we have no snow in SA;
- No weird tan lines (although, truth be told, those funky goggle tans are something to watch out for);
- You can ski or snowboard;
- The clincher of course, is the après-ski. No matter your ski ability or where you ski, the après-ski is an integral part of gliding down the slopes. After all the exercise, one is totally justified not only in having a few alcoholic beverages or chocolat chaud on the slopes, but also enjoying the delectable Club Med dishes and all-inclusive drink options at dinner;
- No lugging equipment around if you ski with Club Med – so the easiest way to ski, no matter your level;
- “New world” ski options like Japan and China are rivalling Europe for South Africans to go to – and with Club Med city stopovers, skiing in Japan may just be the best Christmas gift you give yourself.
Whether you decide to do snow or sun, remember to book soon to qualify for your 15% saving. And, naturally, once you have done the one, let’s chat and start planning the other. Happy travels in the sun or snow our special G.Ms!